Wednesday, April 4, 2012

PAD: Day 3

For today’s prompt, there are actually two options, because it’s Tuesday, which means a “Two for Tuesday” prompt. They are:
  • Write an apology poem, or…
  • Write an unapologetic poem.
Your choice. You can be sorry–or not. Or write about someone who is sorry–or not.

Untitled

It's 9:45. Over an hour late, I'll rush
to the store to get protein shake powder,
power bars and ice tea before willing myself home.
You'll call twice on the way, and I'll miss one.
When we finally talk, my tone short, curt,
ice lodged between my teeth, I'll say I'm driving,
rush off the phone. Oh, okay. Sorry.

No, my son. That would be me. I'm sorry
for always being late. For always having to do this,
this mad race to finish something that will never
get done. I'm sorry for missing your first tennis match,
for missing your lob over the net.
I can move earth and heaven, but not my work schedule.
I'm sorry I can't always say yes.

Sometimes all I have is hope to give you. The hope you
will see me and not be afraid to work. That you will see me
and learn how to care for you, to treat yourself
gently, to steel yourself when necessary.

I will walk into our house tonight. You will see my face
and know what to say. What not to say. You will quickly
clean up the mess you made in the kitchen, offer me a cup
of tea. Give me the movie reel highlights of your day,
the light in your voice flickering. I will sigh. Not because
I am mad. Because I'm sorry I missed it all.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Der Krieger wow gold kaufen ist die stärkste Klasse im Spiel. Sie sind die besten Tanks in Raids. Aber sie töten langsam auf einem niedrigeren Niveau, wenn Sie schneller gegner töten wollen, müssen sie ein höheres Level erreichen.Der Jäger ist der erste Charakter, weil sie begleiter haben und kaum sterben , es sei denn, are being robbed or ripped off. Sie sind nicht hoch bei Raids angefordert, aber sie sind mein wow gold extrem leistungsstark in PvP-Kämpfen. ürde die gleichen Dinge wie andere Führer werden, sondern muss überlegen und haben bessere Eigenschaften als die anderen, es muss Ihnen was Sie benötigen. Also, was ein Ultimate WoW Guide enthalten sollte?Erstens muss es einen Einsteiger-Anleitung, die neuen Spielern helfen können, um das Spiel zu verstehen und ihnen helfen, wow account ihre erste mount bei Erreichen der Stufe 40.